History of Christianity in Ejigbo
The Baptist was the first Christian sect to bring the Gospel of Christ to Ejigbo. Baptist Evangelistic works started in Ejigbo in 1892 (See J. A. Atanda, ed. Baptist Churches in Nigeria:1850-1950, Ibadan: University Press, pp156. The original manuscript: Itan Kukuru Nipa Church Baptist Ejigbo. It was translated into English by the editor in his book written on August 10, 1947 by Rev’d J. A. Ajani and sent to the Nigerian Baptist Convention for the centenary anniversary of Baptist work in Nigeria:1850-1950. The original is still available in the Church file. The Questionnaire sent to existing churches at the time by the NBC is also in the Church file) during the reign of King Asani (See J. D. Alamu Ladanu The earliest historical records of Bpatist evangelistic work in Ejigbo was written in 1925 by Mr (later) Rev’d J. D. Alamu Ladanu). The first light bearer was Mr. Samuel Lajojo/Olaojo. He labored for three years but he had no convert. He left at the end of the third year.
In 1895, Rev’d C.E. Smith sent Pastor Ephraim Ayoola to continue the work. It was during Pastor Ayoola’s time that the first converts were won. These were mainly children. When the American Missionaries saw the growth in the work, they sent Pastor Emmanuel Babalola to replace Pastor Ephraim Ayoola in order to include educational programmes Pastor Babalola did not live long; He died mysteriously. His death brought fears on Pastors that nobody wanted to come to Ejigbo.
As a result of this, Dr. G.Green had to transfer Pastor J.D. Alamu Ladanu (Pastor J. D. Ladanu could be said to be the “Ajagun Igbagbo of Ejigboland.” It was during his long stay between 1912 and 1925 that the work grew in lips and bounds. He conducted the first Christian service during the installation of an Elejigbo in 1917, when Prince Bello was installed as the Elejigbo. It was during his tenure that the Church moved from Oke Balogun to the present site, Idi Ape, because of the new Ogbomoso-Ede road, which was constructed in 1914 during the reign of Oba Olumoyepe. The road was named after the reigning king, hence, Oba Moyepe way from Ede to Ejigbo. This giant soldier of Christ arrived Ejigbo on the 24th Day of September 1912. The reigning King then was Oba Olumoyepe. Ladanu did not meet many pupils in the School/Church started by Babalola except Messrs Ayoola and Ladapo. In order not to stay idle, Dr. Green charged Pastor Ladanu and the two students to extend the work to Olla, Ishoko, Iwata, Iware, Ilawo, Inisha, Ika, Ara, Agurodo, Oko, Oguro, Masifa and Isundunrin. The work started to grow rapidly. Later, Pastor John Durodola was sent as Pastor/Teacher to assist Pastor Ladanu. It was during the time of Ladanu that the Church moved to Idi-Ape from Oke Balogun and the Church building at Oke Balogun was shut permanently (See J. D. Ladanu Notes, pp 3 & 7. He claimed that the Church had moved twice before now. First from Ogunmado-Oko road, then Ode Bara because of attack from traditional worshippers)
Despite many traumatic experiences, Pastor Ladanu served in Ejigbo till 1925. He wrote that “as at the time I was transferred from Ejigbo in 1925, we had planted Churches in Ola, Isoko, Mansifa, Isundunrin, Oko, Iware, Agurodo, Iwata, Ika, Inisa, Ijimoba and Ara, some roofed with iron sheets others with grass (See Ladanu Notes, p. 9)”. The following ministers contributed their quota in quick succession to the work after Pastor J.D. Ladanu: Pastor Samuel Adegbite, Pastor Mogbolahan Bada, Student Pastors Obadiah Emokpai and John Esuola, Pastor J.O. Babalola and Pastor Solomon Ajala Lasubulu.
A major landmark in the work was during the period of Pastor Emmanuel Leke (Majiagbo). He, together with Mr. John Oke Agbede started Baptist Day School at Idi-Ape in 1932. But Pastor Leke died on June 1st 1933. He was succeeded by Pastor E.A. Atilade. Pastor Atilade was the first Pastor of Baptist Church Ejigbo (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church) to be ordained. He was ordained at Oyo in 1938 (See the Church in Conference minutes of July 5, 1938 and July 3, 1938). He left Ejigbo the same year. Before he left he had a vision to re-open the former site of the Church that is, Oke Balogun, Oke Odo. But this did not materialize (See Church in Conference minutes of March 7, 1937, March 14, 1937; May 2, 1937; June 6, 1937 and June 6, 1938).
Rev’d E.A. Atilade was succeeded by Pastor J.A. Ajani in 1939. Suggestions to reopen the former site of the Church at Oke Balogun and open a new site at Ayegbogbo because of the elders were made. But action was suspended (See Executive Committee of 17th February 1920 Mr Okun made the suggestion; 13th April 1940 the suggestion was accepted; 19th August, 1940 encroachment of the land was discussed; 16th September 1941, 1st November 1941-the encroachment issue was discussed). Another suggestion to re-open the Church at Oke Balogun, Oke Odo was made in Febuary 12th 1944 during the Church Council meeting. It was accepted that the building at Oke Balogun be renovated for morning prayers only (See Church Council meeting of February 12, 1944). It was decided that Egbe Bomode Oku and Jesu Fomode should clear the bush around the dilapidated building on 28th February, 1944.
The Baptist Church Ejigbo (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church, Ejigbo) Executives Committee at its meeting on September 2nd, 1944 decided to re-commence worship at its former site, Oke Balogun, on 3rd September, 1944 (See Executive Committee minutes of September 2, 1944.) (It should be recalled that the site had been closed down for about twenty years). From this time Balogun Baptist Church (now called First Baptist Church, Oke Balogun) had been a baby of Ejigbo Baptist Church (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church) until it was organized by Ejigbo Baptist Church (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church) (See the following Church Council minutes of September 9, 1944; August 8, 1947; September 9, 1947; November 11, 1947; December 20, 1947; December 27, 1947; January 24, 1948; February 14, 1948; February 28, 1948; May 8, 1948; July 7, 1947; August 14& 21, 1948; September 18 & 22, 1948; June 19 & 26, July 7, August 14 & 21, September 18, November 13, 1948; January to December 1949; January to December 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954 etc. See also Financial Report Account and Church in Conference minutes of these years). The name of the Church at Oke Odo before, during and some years after the organization remained Balogun Baptist Church, Ejigbo (Ibid).
Like his predecessor, Pastor J.A. Ajani’s ordination was sponsored by Ejigbo Baptist Church (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church. It was called Ejigbo Baptist Church in those days because that was the only Baptist Church in Ejigbo then and it remained the only Baptist Church in Ejigbo until 1944) in the first week of July, 5th July 1942 (See Executive Committee minutes of May 9, 1942). His ordination coincided with the 50th Anniversary of the Church. It was decided that the anniversary be marked the same day with the ordination (See Ececutive Committee Reports of April 18, 1942 and Church in Conference minutes (Ipade Ise) of April 26, 1942). But the decision was vetoed by Dr. Green (See Church in Conference Minutes (Ipade Ise) of June 28, 1942).
Rev’d Ajani led the Church to acquire Oke Mission land (now being occupied by Baptist Day School, Baptist High School & Baptist Medical Centre) as replacement for part of the Church’s former site at Oke Balogun that was revoked (See Church in Conference minutes of December 28, 1941; January 25, 1942; February 12, 1942 and Executive Committee minutes of August 9, 1941; September 6 & 20, 1941, November 1, 1941; January 24 & 31, 1942; February 14, 1942). The land initially was occupying the mission house (Pastorium) of Ejigbo Baptist Church (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church, Ejigbo). This is why the area is called Oke Mission till today. Rev’d Ajani led the Church to obtain marriage ordinace certificate in 1944 (See Executive Committee minutes of February 12, 1944).
Rev’d Ajani led the Church to start building new classrooms at Oke Mission in order to move the Baptist Day School from Idi-Ape to Oke Mission (See Church in Conference minutes of August 26, 1945). This was his uncompleted assignment before he left for Ede Baptist Church at the end of 1948 (See Executive Committee minutes of December 18, 1948 & January 1, 1949). He left upon completion of his B. Th. Degree at the Nigerian Baptist Theological Seminary, Ogbomoso. His exit was in obedience to the white Missionaries’ decree (See Executive Committee minutes of January 24, 1948; September 25, 1948 & October 9, 1948). But before he left, he re-organized the Church on the 27th Day of November, 1947 (See Executive minutes of July 10, and November 20, 1948. The Success report of the re-organization was done during Executive Committee meeting of December 4, 1948).
Pastor D.T. Afolayan resumed work as a student Pastor in February 1949 (See Executive Committee minutes of February 12, 1949). He served to the end of the year. He was succeeded by Pastor J.A. Adebiyi on January 1st, 1950 (See Church in Conference minutes of January 29, 1950 and Executive Committee minutes of October 8, 1949). He led the Church to complete the new classrooms at OKe Mission. The Senior Primary Classes of Baptist Day School moved from Idi-Ape to Oke Mission (See Church in Conference minutes of April 29, 1950; of January 30, 1949.). The Church sanctuary ceiling was done (See Church in Conference minutes of February 26, March 26, April 29 & 30 1950 etc. ). He proposed to the Church to start Secondary School. But it was suspended (See Church in Conference minutes of January 29, 1950; of Executive Committee minutes of February 27, 1949). Pastor Adebiyi was the third Pastor whose ordination was sponsored by the Baptist Church Ejigbo (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church) (See Church in Conference minutes of March 25, 1950 and September 9, 1950 & December 23, 1951). He introduced the use of tithing card (See Church in Conference minutes of May 27, 1950). He ordained the first set of deacons (See Church in Conference minutes of April 28, 1951. Before Adebiyi’s arrival there were some called deacons, but they were not ordained).
During the Church in Conference meeting of October 28th, 1950, an elderly member of Oke Balogun Baptist Church informed the mother Church (Ejigbo Baptist Church, now Idi-Ape Baptist Church) that the Old building renovated in 1944 before the take off of Oke Balogun Church was dilapidating (See Church in Conference minutes of October 28, 1950 & May 29, 1949). Rev’d J.A. Adebiyi suggested that the preaching station be moved to Popo or elsewhere. The suggestion was referred to the Executive Committee and Building Committee (See Church in Conference minutes of October 28 1950). At the Church in Conference of February 24th, 1951, it was decided that a new building be built for Oke Balogun Baptist Church (now called First Baptist Church, Oke Balogun), and that some repairs be done before reconstruction starts (See Church in Conference (Ipade Ise) minutes of February 24, 1951 ). The report of a committee set up by Ejigbo and District Baptist Church to plan the establishment of a High School was given at the same meeting.
At the Church in conference meeting of March 31st, 1951 five members of Ejigbo Baptist Church, Idi-Ape, were approved to serve as preachers and Sunday School Teachers at Oke Balogun Baptist Church. (See Church in Conference minutes of March 31, 1951). At the Church in Conference meeting of June, 30th 1951, the first paid worker was appointed by Ejigbo Baptist Church (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church) to serve at Oke Balogun Baptist Church (now called First Baptist Church, Oke Balogun). He was the late Mr. J.O. Odeleye (Baale J.O. Odeleye, the Baale Olosinmo of Osinmo) His allowance was five shillings (5). (See Church in Conference minutes of June 30, 1951). By December 1953, the allowance was one pound. (See Finance Account Book 1946 – 1954, Expenditure of December 27, 1953).
The foundation of the New Building for Oke Balogun Baptist Church was laid by Ejigbo Baptist Church (now Idi-Ape Baptist Church) in November 1951 under the leadership of Rev’d J.A. Adebiyi. (See Ibid; Expenditure entered for November 25, 1951; Church in Conference minutes of November 24, 1950. See also Finance Account Book 1946 – 1954 for detailed expenses on Oke Balogun Baptist Church Building). The first set of candidates for baptism was brought by Mr. J.O. Odeleye (Later Baale J.O. Odeleye) to idi-Ape for Baptism on July 29, 1951 (See Church in Conference minutes of July 28, 1951).
The exit of Pastor Adebiyi began in September 1950 when a group in the Church wrote him a letter with eleven allegations. Mr. E. Okunlola was the Chairman of the group. Mr Adebayo Adeyemo was the Secretary. Emergency Executive Meeting was held on Sunday September 10, 1950 to resolve it. It could not be completely resolved. This led to the beginning of “Church Okun” now known as Beulah Baptist Church in July 1951 (See Church in Conference minutes of July 28, 1951 & November 24, 1951 and Executive Committee minutes of September 9 and 10, 1950). The Lord used Miss Young, Mrs. Ayorinde and Rev’d J.A. Ajani to reconcile both Churches (Ejigbo Baptist Church, Idi-Ape and Beulah Baptist Church) in November 1951 (See Church in Conference (Ipade Ise) minutes of November 24, 1951 and November 29, 1952).
Meanwhile the work on the new Building for Oke Balogun continued to receive the attention of the Mother Church, Idi-Ape. It was reported at the Church in Conference of August 30, 1952 that planks for roofing and windows had been purchased. (See Church in Conference minutes of August 30, 1952). Progress reports of Carpenters work was also given at subsequent meetings (See Church in Conference minutes of September 27, 1952; March 28, April 25, June 27, July 25, 1953). Rev’d Adebiyi reported to the Church in Conference of August 29, 1953 that the work was completed except painting. (See Church in Conference minutes of August 30, 1953. See Finance Account book 1946 – 1954 for detailed expenses on the construction).
After the split of the Church and reconciliation of 1951, fresh crises arose again at Ejigbo Baptist Church, Idi-Ape in 1952. This eventually led to the final exist of Rev’d J.A. Adebiyi in September 1953. (See Church in Conference minutes of January 1952 and August 1953).
At a deaconate meeting of November 21, 1953 Mr. Adeleke re-presented the desire of members of the Church who were living at Ayegbogbo to have Church at Ayegbogbo. (See Diaconate minutes of November 21, 1953). At the same meeting it was reported that Rev’d Oshoniyi had been posted to replace Rev’d Adebiyi from January 1954.
Rev’d J.F. Oshoniyi arrived Ejigbo in December 1953 to resume work on January 1, 1954. (See Broadman Church Membership Record section on Record of Ministers). Ejigbo Baptist Church, Idi-Ape began to be called First Baptist Church Ejigbo (See All Church Records from 1st January, 1954). The desire of members from Ayegbogbo as granted on 1st September 1954 when fifty six members were “lovely and friendly taken out of the First Baptist Church, Ejigbo to have their own Church at Ayegbogbo via Ejigbo” (See Trustee Series of Account Books. P.3.).
At the Church in Conference meeting of Decembeer 29, 1957, it was decided that the Church at Isale Edilo (now Union Baptist Church, Isale Ooye) be organized (See Broadman op. cit. section on minutes of Church Business of Executive Committee minutes of December 4, 1948). The Church started almost at the same time with Ayegbogbo Baptist Church. Yet the Church did not have a separate committee until October 14, 1961 (See Minutes of Diaconate meeting of October 14, 1961).
The idea to have a forum which we have today as IBUBA was first mentioned by Mr. J.A. Tella on June 6, 1960. (See Broadman op. Cit. section on minutes of Church Business. Of. IBUBA first meeting of August 8, 1962, p. 55). Rev’d Oshoniyi led others in Ejigbo and District Churches to found Ejigbo Baptist High School in 1960. The School celebrated its 10th Anniversary at Idi-Ape Baptist Church, Ejigbo in 1970 (See Church in Conference minutes of 26th March, 1970).
Rev’d E. Ola Oyekan arrived on 27 December, 1960 to resume officially on 1st January, 1962. He brought stability back to the work. He led the Church to lay the foundation of a new Pastorium on 24 June, 1963 (See minutes of Deaconate meeting of June 15, 1963).
At the Church Conference of May 26, 1963, debate on who should bear First Baptist Church Ejigbo, started. The issue was referred to the Deaconate (See Church in Conference minutes of 25th May 1963). At the meeting of July 28, 1963 it was reported that Oke Balogun Baptist Church had resolved to be called First Baptist Church, Oke Balogun, Ejigbo and to notify the Convention on the change of name (See Ibid. 28th July, 1968; Minutes of Deaconate meeting of May 25, 1963; 13th July, 1963; 27th July, 1963).
The Church and the Pastorium was electrified in 1962. Rev’d Oyekan led other Baptist Pastors in Ejigbo to start joint outreach programmers (See Minutes of Deaconate Meeting 13th April, 1963). The new Pastorium was dedicated on February 25, 1967 (See Ibid. January 28, 1967). Rev’d E.O. Oyekan led the Church to lay the foundation of the present Church building on August 25, 1973 (See Executive Committee minutes of September 1, 1973). He ordained deacons. He retired on the the 31st of December, 1982. He was the first Baptist Pastor to work and retire in Ejigbo (Ihinrere Jesu Kristi Ni Ilu Ejigbo at Agbegbe Re 1892 – 1992 P. 17).
Rev’d David O. Olaniyi resumed the Pastorate of Idi-Ape Baptist Church on January 1st, 1983. He led the Church to inaugurate Royal Ambassadors on February 20, 1983 (Ibid). He led the Church to complete the present sanctuary and dedicated the building on 8th December 1984 (Ibid. P.20). He led the Church to establish, IDI-APE BAPTIST NURSERY (DAY/CARE) SCHOOL with twenty eight Children, ages two to five years on March 4, 1985. He noted as follows: “May our Lord God help and lead the School to develop into a higher School or College in future, Amen” (See Visitor’s Book). This prayer was answered on the 9th of September, 2002.
With the assistance to Chief Emmanuel Alabi, Rev’d D.O. Olaniyi led the Church to start Ayegunle Baptist Church near Aato on 28th July, 1985 (See Visitor’s Book). He also led the Church to call a Children’s Pastor (Student Pastor) who resumed on 9th February, 1986 (See Visitor’s Book). The Pastor was Pastor Michael A. Jokotoye. He became a full time Children’s Pastor after his graduation at Oyo Pastors School on June 1st 1987. Rev’d Olaniyi also ordained deacons, in February 2, 1986. Convention representatives came to request for the release of Rev’d D.O. Olaniyi to serve as Sunday School Secretary. The representatives were Dn. I.A. Adedoyin, Rev’d S. Ola Olaniyi and Lawyer Isaac ‘Dokun Babalola (See Visitor’s Book). Rev’d D.O. Olaniyi was eventually released. He transferred his services to Baptist Building, Ibadan on 30th June, 1986 (See Ihinrere Jesu Kristi Ni Ilu Ejigbo ati Agbegbe Re 1892 – 1992, P. 24).
Dn. Peter Faniran served as interim Pastor till the resumption of Rev’d E.A. Adedapo on July 2, 1987. Rev’d E.A. Adedapo promoted ecumenical work in Ejigbo. He actively participated in Bible Society and Christian Association of Nigeria (Ibid, P.24). Idi-Ape Baptist Church at Marcory Baptist Church, Abidjan, constructed a block of two flats which was dedicated on 17th April, 1990 (Ibid, P. 25). Idi-Ape members at Adjeme also constructed a block of six classrooms and shopping complex. Rev’d Adedapo led the Church to start a Preaching Station at Inisa-Edoro on 13th April, 1990 (Ibid, P. 26 and “How Inisa-Edoro Baptist Church Begins” Unpublished paper). With the assistance of Idi-Ape members in Marcory Baptist Church, Abidjan, Rev’d E.A. Adedapo led the Church to start Ebenezer Baptist Church Iwo-Oke in 1990 (Ibid, P. 25, and “Itan Ijo Ebenezer Baptist Church, Iwo Oke”. Prepared by Pastor T.A. Adelakun, the First Student Pastor of the Church – Unpublished Paper). Rev’d E.A. Adedapo led the Church to celebrate the Centenary Anniversary of Baptist Evangelistic works in Ejigbo in 1992.
The IBUBA group of Churches successfully secured the Baptist Chapel of the Baptist High School, Ejigbo. The Chapel was translated into United Baptist Church, Ejigbo, on 5th April, 1992. The group of Churches agreed that Idi-Ape Baptist Church should serve as the Mother Church for new Church. Thus, Rev’d M.A. Jokotoye, the Children Pastor of Idi-Ape Baptist Church was delegated to serve in the Church (Ibid, P. 28). In May 1996, the family of Odebumi started a Church named after their father. Idi-Ape Baptist Church was requested to oversee the Church (See Executive Committee minutes of December 12, 1996 & January 25 1997).
Due to crises emanating from multiple staff ministry, Rev’d E.A. Adedapo resigned his call to the Pastorate of Idi-Ape on December 31st, 1996. Rev’d M.A. Jokotoye stepped in as the Pastor of the Church on the 1st of January, 1997 (See Executive Committee minutes of January 1, 1997, p. 1).
Construction of Church building for Inisa Edoro Baptist Church started in 1997 (Ibid, p. 1 & August 30, 1997, p.1). New Deacons were ordained (See Executive Committee minutes of May 31, 1997, November 9, 1997). The renovation of the Old Church building was started by a family in the Church in 1999 (See Executive Committee minutes of December 19, 1998 and subsequent Executive Committee minutes). The construction of lock up shops beside the Church was embarked upon (See Executive Committee minutes of January 24, 1999). Despite, the crises that started before the exit of Rev’d E.A. Adedapo persisted in multiple dimensions. A peace committee had to be set up during Executive Committee meeting of May 22, 1999 (See peace Committee File for detailed information). But much could not be achieved.
At the Executive Committee meeting of April 29, 2002, a search committee for Senior Pastor was set up (See Executive Committee minutes of April 29, 2000). At the Executive Committee meeting of January 27, 2001 it was decided that Rev’d. Israel O. Olaniyan be called as the Senior Pastor of Idi-Ape Baptist Church to replace Rev’d E.A. Adedapo (See Executive Committee minutes of January 27, February 24, March 11 & 18, 2001). Rev’d Olaniyan arrived on 31st May, 2001. A welcome service was conducted for him the same day (See Executive Committee minutes of March 18, 2001, June 30, 2001).
Rev’d Olaniyan’s ministry since he came had being that of Reconciliation, Reorganization and Repositioning of Idi-Ape Baptist Church, Ejigbo, for the Kingdom Growth. At the Executive Committee meeting of August 25, 2001, it was decided that Rev’d M.A. Jokotoye became the outreach Minister. This position he held until his exit in December 31, 2001 (See Executive Committee minutes of August 25, 2001 and December 2, 8 and 23, 2001). Effort was put in place to call another Pastor to replace Rev’d M.A. Jokotoye (See Executive Committee minutes of April 27 and May 25, 2002 and subsequent Executive Committee minutes).
Rev’d Israel O. Olaniyan was inducted on 28th September, 2001. He baptized forty four candidates on November 18, 2001. He inaugurated Women Gospel Singers, “Spiritual Singers” on December 23, 2001. He led a sent forth service for Rev’d M.A. Jokotoye on 30th December, 2001. He led the Church to start English Service Session on January 6, 2002. He inaugurated English Service Choir on January 13, 2002. He baptized twenty one candidates on February 24, 2002, and twenty-nine others on 16th June, 2002. He led the Church to start fund raising for Idi-Ape Baptist Church Comprehensive High School on Sunday 31st March, 2002. The School took off on the 9th day of September, 2002. He led the Church to call four Pastors who worked with the Church during their vacation, June to August 2002. They were Pastors T.A. Adelakun, S.O. Akande, I.O. Bolaji and A.O. Olonade (See Church Log Book).
The Victory Baptist Church was started on the 9th day of June, 2002 with forty members. Pastor I.O. Bolaji was the pioneer Pastor. On 6th August, 2002, the painting and redecoration of Church Building and premises started (See Church Log Book). On 3rd of November, 2002, the 110th Anniversary took off with Anniversary Crusade. The minister was Rev’d Obaloluwa Osuolale. The Anniversary included ENDOWMENT FUND RAISING. It was rounded off with Thanksgiving Service on the 17th of November, 2002.
Rev’d Dr. Olaniyan left the Church on December 2008 and Rev’d E. O. Dada hold forth till December 1, 2009 that the new senior pastor, Rev’d Dr. O. O. Adeyemi and his family resumed into the pastorate. This mark the beginning of renovation and transformation both spiritually and in physical development. In the Journey of year 2009, (January to November, 2009) under the leadership of Rev’d & Mrs. E.O. Dada the theme for the year was: “YEAR OF GREAT TRUST IN THE LORD”. Some trust in chariot, and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God (Psalm 20:7). All our emphasis based on these theme on how to put our trust in God alone in our sermon, Bible study, song, Revival service e.t.c.
With the help of God during the year (January to November) there were 26 births, 18 deaths and 2 Marriages were conducted. Also all our weekly, monthly and yearly spiritual emphasis was held such as prayer and bible study (Mid-week service) likewise monthly three days fasting and prayer, night vigils and for the establishment of our theme for the year we set aside a day during the month to meet with the Lord in early hour of the day (5:30am) on the seventh day of every month and the prayer was tagged the prayer of trust.
The Annual Anniversary Gospel crusade was held in Novermber in which Rev’d Segun Adegboyega from Lagos was the crusade preacher for the year and God really used him to bless us. In summary during these months: The gift of one hundred thousand naira was given to the Church by His Royal Majesty Okunade Sijuade (Ooni of Ife) likewise Chief Oguntokun donated the same amount respectively during the marriage thanksgiving of Prince Abimbola Oyeyode on the 25th January, 2009.]
Family Revival was held in the month of March where Rev’d Dr. Mrs R.A. Lateju was our revival preacher.
Mrs. Susan Adeyemi resigned when she refused to resume after her annual leave which she observed between 14th and 28th April, 2009.
The Church executive committees inaugurated a committee that search for another senior pastor on 28th March, 2009.
Another two Student Pastors joined the two that were already on ground during the annual holiday (June/July, 2009) and their names were: Pastor Samson A. Adeleke, who was seconded to Ebenezer Baptist Church, Iwo-Oke; and Pastor Adeleye, Segun Sunday – he also served at Glory Baptist Church, Ayegunle.
These are the ones who were on ground before these people mentioned above joined us.
Pastor Seun Akinlabi – Iwo Road Baptist Church, Ejigbo.
Pastor Abel Ajani – Music Minister, Idi-Ape Baptist Church.
Mrs. Abigael Awoleye resumed as Church Cleaner on the 13th July, 2009 instead of Mrs. Susan Adeyemi who left in the month of April
The family of Late Pa. John Alagbe gave thirty (30) Plastic Chairs to the Church as a memorial gift during the year as they celebates his 30 years of departure from this earthly surface.
Appreciation and sendforth service was held in honour of Rev’d Dr. Israel O. Olaniyan’s family on 12th September, 2009.
A gift of Gasoline generator was given to the Church on 17th October, 2009 by the Children of Pa Samuel Fakayode during His birthday thanksgiving service.